Friday, June 10, 2016

The One about the Warmups...

Hey everyone! How is everyone doing? I hope well!
Anyways, i've been doing some work over the past weeks and before I get started for the day, I try to warm up before work. I've been warming up with some figure drawing! Something I really miss doing back in college (and something I need to do more often...) Instead of looking for poses online, I found out about a youtube channel that have timed poses. If you're interested you can check them out here. 

So far the videos have 1 min, 2 min and 5 min poses. I'm starting from the beginning and working my way up. Here are the warms ups I did, they're nothing special. 
And to break the routine, I wanted to do a painting of a husky, because huskies are baddass! but since I was to lazy to bust out the oil paints, I decided to do it digitally. 


I used all of Kyle T. Webster's fantastic brushes! If you love the feeling and look of natural media and you want to replicate it digitally, you have to get his brushes!

and to end the update, I had a dream a couple of nights ago, about me trying to purchase a bow and I ended up purchasing a super fantasy based bow at the local Sport Authority.... My friend was part of the dream so I told her about it and ended up concepting out the bow for her to look at, and here it is!


So a small update before I leave you all, I think posting every 2 weeks will be better. I think once a week would sometimes lead to having nothing to post about other then warm ups, and having 2 weeks to build up will have a meatier post. Let me know what you all think! Until then, I hope everyone has a great weekend! 
Cheers!

Oops! Heres an extra! a little study I did when I went camping with my family a couple of weeks back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment